Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas, Single


This year is my first Christmas in nine years as a single lady. On top of that I am sick! Yes, I am now experiencing the feeling of being “alone” for the first time in nine years, with the feeling of physical misery. ;-) Although when I think about it, I am not sure that this is my first year of feeling “alone” around the holidays. And the sickness has almost been a way to keep my mind off of “everything”.

Before the divorce, if nothing else, there was the security of knowing someone was going to be sitting beside me and someone to put love into and open a loving gift from. Some may feel very alone during this time of year if they no longer have that significant other in their life, or maybe there is the joy of a new love after the hurt of the past. Either way, I think it is important to know that we are not alone.


I have my family who would do anything to make me feel loved, comforted, and amazing. I also have my God who has made it so much easier to be celebrating His son’s birth. I realized that even though I am “alone” I have never felt so comforted and haven’t felt surrounded by love and acceptance so strongly in such a long time. I am still recovering from being sick but am thankful to have made it through Christmas 2012 and now know that there are so many more new “single-lady” memories to be made, and I am so thankful that the best is yet to come.

Please feel free to share any encouraging words or ideas that you have thought of to help others. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment