Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Wish I Knew the Answers!!: Dealing with Impatience


As I have shared before, I wish that I could know what the future held and the particular choices that I should be making now to get to that “place”. I guess I will have to admit that I am impatient!! I’m sure that I am not the only one to wish for these things, or to feel an impatience about life. However, I also understand the gift of the present moment, and that "patience is a virtue".  It is in every moment that we are created and built upon as the person and vessel we are, and are to become.

Recently I have found myself becoming more impatient than normal about the choices and direction of my life. I have tried my hardest to re-train my mind to only think one step at a time, but here lately, I am wanting to see more of the way things will be.....and can I say that I am driving myself crazy!!!


I wish I knew what direction my life would be led in the next year. I wish I knew the direction of the next month!!! I say these things with hope but also with a little frustration. I’m making my mind to stay determined and focused on the things I want, bring my concerns to the Lord, and let the Lord continue to lead me at the pace He knows is best.

The Word that I am meditating on:     (maybe you can be encouraged too!) 

Isaiah 40:31
Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
Galatians 6:9
And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment