Friday, March 29, 2013

~ Laughter ~



I am getting to experience one of the perks of still being in school and one of the perks of working in the education field- Spring Break. This week I have moved into a new place with my sister, decorated, shopped, spent time with friends and family, and now I am traveling. Although there are many things I could talk about in relation to all of this and what is going on in my world, I am going to wait. I am going to share a joy that I have found. This is the joy of laughter.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I never have laughed- I love to laugh! I just can’t remember the last time I have experienced such a joy that genuine, happy, laughter brings until the past two months or so. It’s like I have found a new favorite thing to do! This makes me sound a little coocoo right now, I know, but there is nothing as liberating as truly having a feeling inside that creates a genuine laughter. I am able to laugh at myself, I am able to laugh with others, I am able to truly feel the enjoyment of conversations and jokes, and I am able to share this laughter with those around me. In years of not really feeling that laughter was a pure enjoyment, but only a reaction, I missed out on “good medicine” that so many talk about. (check out this link for info on the benefits of laughter: http://www.helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htm.)

 I think that when laughter is no longer a part of conversations, or giggles can’t be followed by texts; or when with friends its more about the “gloom and doom” of life, then there is definitely something missing. Try it. Release yourself from all that bogs you down- through prayer or meditation, and find your inner child-like joy of laughter. With it, I promise that you will be happier and you will enjoy life more. You will begin to see the small things that should truly be appreciated, and be able to love yourself and others deeper. I am usually a little more serious, but I just wanted to share a newfound joy that the Lord has, and is using to heal my heart. Have a great week everyone.....and don’t forget to laugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment